At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Burlington, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How You''ll Add Value
The Director of Multiomics Operations provides direct, hands-on leadership for Waltham & South Plainfield locations. This role would be the site leader for the Waltham facility. In managing these multidisciplinary personnel, the Director will ensure quality execution of all policies and procedures. This position directs and implements the day-to-day tactical activities associated with Sanger sequencing, Oligo synthesis & Plasmid prep.
* A key member of the Operations team, this role is responsible for executing the operational strategy for Waltham & New Jersey that is aligned to our quality standards and delivers growth and margin improvements.
* Provides leadership of multidisciplinary teams and manages productivity of more than 150 employees across multiple shifts.
* Drives a strong quality culture by ensuring policies, procedures and work instructions prioritize safety, and ensures that appropriate monitoring and reporting processes are in place and effective for continuous improvement.
* Ensures achievement of customer expectations for quality and timeliness of delivery.
* Connects with the industry to understand best practices and ensures Azenta is at the leading edge of new industry developments.
* Promotes continuous process improvement by establishing leading indicators and standards for safety, quality, delivery, client satisfaction and cost.
* Develops and executes initiatives that deliver quality and efficiency improvements.
* Leads people-centric initiatives that continually drive quality, client satisfaction and employee satisfaction. Leadership style that focuses on employee value, satisfaction and retention.
* Reviews operations leadership and assesses talent pipeline on a continual basis. Responsible and accountable for all activities and outcomes of assigned personnel.
* Key contributor to the Sales & Operations Planning process to ensure resources are in place to execute on client demands.
* Implements and monitors processes that ensure appropriate escalation of issues and continuous, appropriate communication of issues across the organization.
* Provides general scientific and operational knowledge to the Multiomics team
As a Leader, You Will:
Build an Accountable and Collaborative Culture
* Build and models a culture of teamwork and employee value, where questioning and constructive challenge are the standard to foster openness and candid dialogue
* Encourage accountability and responsibility that enables others to act with integrity
To view the full job description please use the link below.
How To Apply