The MassHire Metro South/West Career Center is funded mainly by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) to provide services to Adult and Dislocated Worker job seekers. The Career Advisor (CA) position works as part of a team to deliver a wide variety of activities which help these unemployed or underemployed customers to determine their next steps in exploring careers and finding employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage an active caseload of WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker customers, ensure WIOA enrollment compliance standards are met and assist customers in obtaining employment.
- Assist customers in identifying and removing barriers to employment to improve marketability. Work with partner agencies to address and identify supports systems to address barriers.
- Assist customers in understanding local labor market trends
- Assist customers in identifying potential training opportunities, submission of training request for approval, enrollment in training programs, and monitoring progress towards employment.
- Provide career coaching, case management, and assessment to help establish career goals that are aligned with the skill needs of area business and industry
- Actively engage with customers in job search activities including resume assistance, mock interviews, job development and job referrals
· Facilitate standard group activities such as customer support initiatives, seminars, and workshops. May develop curriculum for and deliver workshops on a variety of subjects
· May serve as liaison/career advisor to various regional partners and agencies, educational institutions to provide general information as well as WIOA services to jointly shared customers
· Maintain thoroughness and accuracy in written case files, MOSES system, and documentation so that all program and contractual requirements are met
· May engage in focus groups, job fairs, meetings as required
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
· Bachelor?s Degree in human services, Public Administration, Business Management or related field preferred, or Associate Degree with four years of relevant experience.
· Two years of working in a career center or providing career development services to unemployed/underemployed adults or youth is highly desired.
· Experience in working with diverse populations is highly desired.
· Experience in public speaking and presentations is highly desired.
· Must possess and demonstrate excellent ?soft skills?:
- Developing and maintain effective working relationships with customers and coworkers
- Display empathy, compassion, respect, collaboration, reliability and ingenuity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to contribute to and work in a team environment
- Time management skills
· Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Multi-lingual abilities are highly desired especially in Spanish or Portuguese
· Ability to develop workshop/seminar materials and content and present them to groups is desired.
· Ability to document and maintain records in data base as well as paper files accurately and in a timely manner is required.
· Thorough knowledge of and experience with WIOA regulations, programs, guidelines and administrative requirements is highly desired.
· Experience with building community partnerships and relationships among stakeholders is desired.
· Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required; experience with database and report management is desired.
· Must be able to work in assigned locations throughout the region; the current full-service career centers are located in Framingham and Norwood.
· Must be able to travel throughout the region for business purposes.
· Must perform additional work as assigned.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter no later than July 9, 2021 Send to email@example.com
For more information about the MassHire Metro South/West Region visit www.masshiremsw.com