GF Sprague has been crafting an elite team of exterior carpenters for over 50 years who service thousands of happy customers. With G F Sprague's size comes with numerous advantages you won't find elsewhere.
At GF Sprague:
G F Sprague's in-house training will provide you hands-on experience with state-of-the-art equipment. our training center, "The GF Sprague School of Design & Craftsmanship." Our new designers and apprentices train and practice on this roof mock-up and not your home. We believe that the training of our craftsmen and designers translates into simply better projects with zero defects. In turn, high skill leads to happy customers.
For decades GF Sprague has done what other roofing companies don't; we invest our employees through training. We transform an individual from "green" (unskilled) to "gold" (master skilled) and unlock their true potential. It's gratifying to witness someone who knew virtually nothing about our trades become a professional apprentice, master craftsmen, and project manager through our training.
This Roof mock-up is where our talented Craftsmen(Gold) pass their knowledge and skills to the next (Green) generation of Craftsmen. The roof mock-up and classroom are located in our heated facility at 45 Kearney Rd, Needham. We teach our craftsmen and designers proper design, material selection, and installation skills to build each job right the 1st time. Under the same roof is our sheet metal shop affectionately known as the "Fab Lab." This is where we fabricate virtually all roof panels, flashings, gutters, and downspouts designed to protect against New England's brutal storms. Here is where we teach the refined skill and art of "Coppersmithing ." Our apprentices practice how to custom fit and solder the copperwork to look great, protect the roof, and last for a long time. We designed our rooftop mock-up to replicate most of the elements found on homes, condos, and institutions.
In addition, G F Sprague's scheduling ensures you will always have sufficient time to evaluate and fix the problem entirely. You are never alone. G F Sprague's team of nearly 100 experienced technicians creates an in-the-field network you can always rely on towards your development.
Some field positions are eligible for flexible hours best to accommodate the needs of you and your family. G F Sprague provides you a clear, concrete path to advancement so you can reach new heights. We are looking for friendly people who want to grow with us. The GF Sprague family does it all, from company cookouts and holiday parties to community service events!
At GF Sprague, we already have all of these benefits. Don't you want them too?
The Big Task
Responsible for ensuring that each remodeling exterior restoration project is completed promptly, within or under the estimated budget, and the client's satisfaction.
* Help technicians complete repairs, remodeling, and home improvement projects.
* Assist in completing carpentry projects, including roofing, siding, and windows.
* Establish good customer rapport to ensure the highest levels of satisfaction.
* Clean work area and help to maintain a clean and safe job site.
Desired Skills and Experience
* 1-2 years of apprentice carpentry experience or recent VOC tech grad
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Solid measuring skills and math aptitude
* Proficiency with main tools used in home remodeling and construction
* Ability to communicate with customers and coworkers
* Accustomed to extreme weather conditions and heavy lifting.
* Valid driver's license.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* Competitive Pay: $18 - $24 / hour
* Regular OT
* Bonus & Commission opportunities
* Heath, dental, life, & disability insurance
* Paid holidays, sick, vacation, & paternity leave
* 401k with company match
* Profit sharing plan on 401k
* Company Paid Tropical trips ¿when available
* National Competition, Awards, Recognition
* Career path, top training
How To Apply
Join us for a Virtual Recruitment event on Tuesday July 13, 2021 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm. Please send resume to email@example.com to be pre-registered.