PCA- Part time in Tyngsboro
Are you responsible? Able to do many tasks? Seeking a part time job helping someone who is physically disabled? Bring your positive energy and Can Do attitude for a new adventure.
This is where many people start who want to kick off a health care career path.
Work schedule is 15-20 hours per week, Immediate need is weekend support and relief / time-off for another full-time PCA.
Additional relief or back-up hours may be available for the right candidate(s).
To support a safe and recovery focused routine. Support lived values, self-expression authentic connection and well-being
1. Prior PCA/CNA knowledge and experience is preferred but we are willing to provide exceptional training and offer skilled supervision for the right person.
2. Sense of humor and positive interpersonal skills.
3. Willingness to learn the recovery focused model and provide support from a wellness perspective
4. Able to read, write , and speak English well. Able to complete a timesheet and provide written communication to the team.
5. Physically capable of learning, following and supporting with transfers using proper body mechanics to keep self and individual safe and prevent falls or injury to both
6. Comfort with computers, smartphones and other daily technology helpful
7. Vaccinated for Covid-19 and willing to help maintain a healthy environment
8. Current driver?s license (vehicle would be provided for any outings)
9. Desire to work as a positive member of a diverse, interdisciplinary, recovery focused team to support the individual to remain , adapt, and flourish in the community.
10. Willingness to offer encouragement and support to the individual while he is learning and re-learning skills to increase health and independence
11. Willingness to bring your own knowledge, gifts, interests, and lived experiences
Below is a summary of different duties involved in personal care support for an individual continuing to recover after a spinal cord injury in 2019. The individual is able to participate in most of these tasks, is encouraged to participate as much as possible, and can help direct care. We (the family) will train the right candidate and provide in person and phone support. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced PCA and also for a student or person who is entering the field, interested in Nursing, PT/OT, Human Services & Rehabilitation.
Morning & Afternoon Basics support and extra ideas if time permits
Up and out of bed
Dressed for the day - appropriate for weather ( prefers curtains closed and asked about doors open/closed before ALL personal care for privacy and dignity)
Do skin check for any red areas, treat as needed per nursing instructions. Report any skin breakdowns so we can inform the PCP
Meds & Coffee
Breakfast (include protein and fresh fruit) (see menu)
Lotion, massage, and stretch hands and fingers (prompt participation)
Fill Water , juice, & Gatorade (accessible cups/water bottles)
Attend appointments or go out for shopping
Please email resume to: Marianne.segool@MAssHireLowellCC.com or call Rena at 978-805-4702.
How To Apply
Please email resume to Marianne.Segool@MassHireLowellCC.com or call Rena at 978-805-4702 to apply.