POSITION: RISE CLINICIAN- SCHOOL ADJUSTMENT COUNSELOR
Job ID: 3646346
Application Deadline: October 30, 2021
Posted: August 18, 2021
Starting Date: Immediately
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
GLTHS- Special Education Department
The following is a brief overview of the primary function of the position; it is not all inclusive.
Reporting to the Director of Special Education:
The Clinician will provide short-term counseling-intervention strategies to improve outcomes for students experiencing extended absences from school due to mental health conditions, medical treatment or birth/parenting leave. Students in the program will receive up to 8 weeks of counseling services plus on-site educational support to complete their academic and technical assignments. The clinician works as part of a team in an effort to support students to transition back to their academic/technical schedule ready to learn and work, remaining on track for graduation
- Licensed as a School Social Worker-School Adjustment Counselor by the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education or possess the minimum requirements to be licensed.
- MSW Social Worker preferred and/or LICSW, and/or Certified Mental Health Counselor.
- Two years clinical experience and/or training in counseling adolescents.
- Ability to communicate and work well with adolescents, staff, parents, and agencies.
- Experience counseling students in a vocational-education setting.
- The successful candidate will be expected to attend the new hire orientation scheduled in mid-August.
- Please note, the School District is required by law to conduct a Massachusetts criminal record information (CORI) background check. In addition, new hires will be subject to and their employment is contingent upon, the new finger-print based state and national criminal history check to determine an individual's suitability for employment in this position. Further details will be provided during the later stage of the hiring process.
- Your application should consist of: resume/cover letter, three (3) letters of recommendation written within the past three years, GLTHS application, copies of your college transcript, and proof of Educator's license and professional license, if applicable. If any of these items are not available through your SchoolSpring account, kindly forward to: Human Resource Office, Greater Lowell Technical High School, 250 Pawtucket Boulevard, Tyngsboro, MA 01879, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org,or by fax: (978) 441-5333.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
For full job description please visit the link provided: RISE Clinician-School Adjustment Counselor job in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts (schoolspring.com)
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration