POSITION: SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST-TEAM CHAIRPERSON- LTS
Job ID: 3489502
Application Deadline: Posted until filled
Posted: September 16, 2021
Starting Date: Immediately
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $ 47,617 to $ 95,627 Per Year
Positions Available: 1
GLTHS-Special Education Department
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To conduct psychological assessments of referred students and to coordinate the evaluation process according to Chapter 766 regulations for the determination, development, and maintenance of individualized educational plans.
- To conduct psychological assessments (including psychometric and projective testing for referred students according to Chapter 766 and Greater Lowell Regional policies.
- To coordinate and conduct annual or predetermined re-evaluations of special education students.
- To participate in Team meetings presenting a psychological assessment.
- To be Team Chairperson, including Chapter 688 services.
- To write individualized educational plans as determined by the Team.
- To be the prime contact between parents and agencies and the referral/evaluation process.
- To develop and/or maintain all necessary forms, records, schedules, and reports pertaining to referrals, evaluations, re-evaluations, and reviews.
- To assist the Director of Special Education in the development and review of the referral and evaluation process.
- To assist in the in-service training of staff.
- Serve as administrative designee signing I.E.P.'s
- To coordinate the assignment of psychological counseling to Special Education students under the supervision of the Director of Special Education and to conduct individual and group counseling sessions as assigned by the Director.
- Other relative assignments as designated by the Director of Special Education.
- Degree and Massachusetts certification as a School Psychologist.
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills. The ability to effectively organize and coordinate efforts of staff, parents, and related outside support services.
- Coursework and proficiency in standardized and projective testing.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a School Psychologist.
- Teaching experience in Special Education preferred.
- Experience as a School Psychologist in a vocational school environment preferred.
- This is a one year assignment for the 2021-2022 to cover a leave of absence in the Special Education Department. The salary will be determined based on qualifications. The range listed is through June 30, 2021, and is subject to change through the collective bargaining process.
- The School District requires as part of its selection process a MA CORI check and national fingerprint based background check. Further details will be provided during the later stage of hiring process.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
For full job description please visit the link provided: School Psychologist-Team Chairperson- LTS job in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts (schoolspring.com)
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration