Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Purchasing Administrator is responsible for the direction and management of all Purchasing activity for Lowell Community Health Center. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, auditing and processing of all orders and requests, responding to vendor inquiries, maintaining purchasing documentation and purchase order log, placing approved orders, and assisting in the month end close process. This position is responsible for processing, maintaining, and reporting financial information of Lowell Community Health Center in accordance with established policies both internally and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for Purchasing function which includes but is not limited to:
- Receiving and processing purchasing requests from Managers ensuring policies are followed in regards to Lowell Community Health Center?s Procurement Policy; ensuring limits and approvals are appropriate
- Ensure competitive pricing is attained for all orders
- Maintain purchase order forms for recurring vendors, ensuring pricing is updated
- Ensure all packing slips are received in Finance and matched with appropriate invoice and purchase order
- Place emergency orders as needed
- Track orders and communicate delays to purchasing authorities
- Communicate products are recalls to purchasing authorities
- Process returns as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation, development, and maintenance of internal e-purchasing program(s).
- Work with internal couriers to ensure proper delivery of and storage of orders received.
- Setting up new and approved vendors, ensuring they are not on the Federal and/or State debarred vendor list.
- Ensure SDP Attestation form is completed by purchasing authority.
- Ensure all vendors have a W-9 on file.
- Ensure all vendors have a LCHC tax-exempt certificate on file.
- Reconcile vendor statements, researching past due balances as needed.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries promptly and professionally, maintaining appropriate customer service skills and always representing LCHC with the highest of standards; treat both internal and external customers of LCHC with courtesy and respect.
- Maintain good vendor relations, meeting with them as needed for purchasing of products and their pricing.
- Assists in all agency wide, programmatic, and other financial audits as needed.
- Prepares detailed financial analyses as requested by and for use by management.
- Other duties, as needed and assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field preferred; equivalent work experience in the field will be considered.
- 3 -5 years in a Purchasing function preferred.
- Ability to analyze financial information in support of ensuring timely and accurate reporting and to identify and correct errors.
- Evaluates the possibility of errors in financial information, the likelihood of detection and the potential effects of errors on a departmental and organizational level.
- Ability to produce work product that clearly and concisely supports financial reporting, subject to independent audit scrutiny.
- Must effectively interact with internal and external users of LCHC financial information, including finance staff, department managers, senior management and non-financial personnel. Must communicate clearly in a consistent manner and work towards the constructive resolution of problems.
- Frequent eye strain. Manual dexterity is necessary to operate computer and business equipment.
- Requires minimal physical efforts and constant use of computer and fine printed information. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift up tp 10lbs.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration