SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Must be able to perform all associated duties and operate all converting equipment including, but not limited to, the following in a proficient manner to produce products which meet specifications:
- G&A High speed slitter
- Rewind slitters
- Roll lathe slitters
- Doctor machine
- Specialty slitters
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
Some of the general and specific duties included are as follows:
- Check schedule to determine product to be converted.
- Check with supervisor to resolve any questions regarding schedule, material or quality, communicate with prior and following shift machine operator to insure continuity of any work in progress.
- Set up machines for knives, cut width, etc., and insure all machine settings are correct and that the machine is fully operational, including all safety equipment in place.
- Obtain and cut cores as required and obtain all necessary packaging as required, operate core imprinter..
- Install jumbo roll, log, etc., in machine and thread up machine, if necessary, according to proper threading for material being run. In some cases, this includes removal of the unwind shaft.
- Line up cores on mandrels to match knife setups and attach product to cores, making all knife and tension adjustments to machine as required.
- Set controls for specified length, width, etc., and operate converting machine at optimum efficient speed.
- Monitor process for any defect in specifications, stop machine as necessary to remove and defective product, splice material and continue.
- Make all unwind splices according to specifications.
- Upon roll completion, cut off product using the proper cutting tools and roll change techniques, including improvements in process made over the course of time, which improve operating proficiency and throughput.
- Utilize overhead hoists, roll tilt tables, take off tables, etc., as required to minimize lifting impact.
- Change source rolls when necessary.
- Pack rolls at converting machine when necessary.
- Maintain optimum cleanliness of machine and work area, and report any machine or process deficiencies to supervisor, including maintenance required, safety, etc.
- Other work assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Work performed in converting requires frequent bending and lifting, as well as repetitive reaching, elbow, shoulder and wrist action. Although a hoist is in place o aid in lifting, an operator could experience maximum unassisted lifting of 80 lbs.
- All converting processes require the slitter operator to properly fill out production sheets in a legible manner, including all process and material data, both measured and monitored during the operating period. Also labels as required must be made and affixed to cores and cartons. Data must be defect free and on time.
The above description is not set for the for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. The statements reflect some general and specific details necessary to describe the job and shall not be construed to be a complete list of the many duties performed.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration