Spectro Scientific Inc.
Job Order #: 15603046
Chelmsford, MA 01824
40 hours per week
Position: Senior Packer/ Shipping Specialist
Location: Chelmsford, MA
Schedule: 7:30am-4:00pm (Full-time)
Pay rate: $21.00-$24.00 Per hour (DOE)
Benefits: 401k, Retirement Plan, Short/Long Term Disability, Dental, Major Medical, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation
The Senior Packing/Shipping Specialist performs daily functions in the process of shipping and material handling. This individual will work in the Shipping/Receiving Department to process orders, kit materials for orders and support production requirements. The individual may also perform a wide variety of support functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares shipments for pickups including picking/packing and crating shipments of consumables.
- Utilizes handheld tools to build crate around instruments, wraps and pads product with appropriate packing material.
- Ensures all customer specific packaging and shipping requirements are met.
- Attaches identification labels or stencils as required per shipment regulations.
- Coordinates and prioritizes instrument shipments to align with sales forecast demand.
- Multi-tasks to support changing demands to meet production and shipping deadlines while maintaining shipping schedules.
- Coordinates and processes domestic shipments.
- Assists with loading and unloading materials.
- Aids in receipt and storage of raw materials.
- Supports cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Enters multiple daily transactions into MRP system and maintains accuracy of inventory and work in process.
- Develops methods to optimize workflow and maintain cleanliness in the shipping/receiving area.
- Performs routine housekeeping of work areas.
- Supports production and sales requests.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 8 years of previous experience in picking/packing/shipping.
- Experience with MRP systems required.
- HAZMAT Certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of inventory control.
- Ability to determine the most efficient process/technique to ensure all orders will be shipped accurately without being damaged.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration
One Executive Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824
Per Diem Position
- Major Medical
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability Leave
- Long Term Disability Leave
Business Services Representative
107 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852