GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Perform a variety of basic nursing care and services including resident feeding, toileting, restraint, positioning, moving and ambulation to address selected individual and group resident?s interest, physical, mental, psychosocial, basic nursing and healthcare and other needs consistent with the mission, goals and philosophy of the organization and perform other related duties following established methods and procedures.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work from written, verbal and other information and instructions, individual and group care plans, assessments and needs to provide necessary basic nursing and health care and services to implement all required physical, mental, social, psychosocial, interest and other basic nursing procedures.
- As required, directed or instructed assist residents with their daily routines including, but not limited to, dental/mouth care and oral hygiene, bath functions, (un)dressing, hair and nail care, beauty care, shaving, personal hygiene and toileting.
- Assist and/or participate in resident movement, positioning, feeding and distribution of foods and liquids, toileting, ambulation and other activities associated with daily living and routines. Document results.
- Observe and report resident (re)action(s) during daily activities.
- Notify charge nurse of resident condition changes, observed and/or report all accidents, injuries and incidents.
- As required, collect specimens. Assist residents in preparing for medical tests, examinations, activity and social programs and functions, church services, parties, visitations and other activities or functions.
- Care required in the application of aseptic techniques to prevent the spread of infection and disease. Assist in keeping incontinent residents clean. Change bed linens and administer personal care as needed.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from various locations, appointments, activities and social programs. As required, utilize proper restraints, lifting and moving techniques to assure resident safety, care and comfort.
- Assist in conducting restorative and rehabilitative procedures; with the application of slings, elastic bandages, binders and appliances and other items.
- As required, assist residents by reading to them, writing letters, operating TV/radio; with recreational and/or occupational projects.
- Respond to resident call lights and requests for assistance in a timely manner.
- Provide directed range of motion exercises; to weigh and measure residents; to assist in taking and recording vital signs as instructed.
- Follow established guidelines to assure resident rights, dignity and confidentiality for quality of life.
- Maintain contacts to keep abreast of developments within field or areas of interest or expertise.
- Prepare and/or maintain records of work performed or other data, reports and documentation as required.
- As required, attend and/or participate in department, unit, staff and other meetings, in-service and continuing education programs.
- See that work area(s), equipment and apparatus are maintained in a clean, orderly, sanitary and safe condition.
- Maintain established quality and quantity standards. Follow prescribed safety precautions, established organization/department policies, procedures, rules and regulations affecting their work.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty or inoperative equipment and apparatus, defective materials and/or questionable conditions to proper supervision. Notify supervision of need for equipment/apparatus repairs or replacement.
- Perform similar or other duties as required or as directed by supervision or others.
- High school plus additional specialized training or classroom instruction
- Minimum of 3-month experience in the related field
- Covid-Vaccination Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration