Purpose of Job:
Performs Housekeeping and Laundry duties following established methods and procedures as assigned so that a clean and habitable environment is maintained in primarily unit and resident areas by cleaning, washing, wiping, dusting, sweeping, wet and dry mopping and other tasks of this nature. Assures availability of clean linens, towels, etc. for our residents by receiving and sorting soiled laundry and washing, drying, folding and distributing washed and cleaned unit and resident personal laundry items.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Duties
- Represents the organization by demonstrating our five core values in all interactions with others in the D?Youville community, and with the public.
- Keeps all resident/patient information in strict confidence by following HIPAA regulations.
- Works from work orders, established procedures, verbal and/or written instructions or other information to clean and maintain primarily unit and resident areas in an orderly and sanitized condition. Performs terminal cleaning of rooms when necessary (including cleaning of all resident equipment).
- Cleans and maintains assigned cafeteria, washrooms/lavatories/bathrooms, showers and tubs, closets, storage and utility rooms, units, nursing stations, day and living rooms, corridors, hallways, stairs, elevators, nourishment kitchens, resident rooms, fixtures, lights, wall rails and other locations in a clean, orderly and habitable (sanitary) condition.
- Replenishes and maintains inventory and adequate levels of paper and other towels, soap, toilet paper, sanitary items, hand cleaners and other supplies. Ensures equipment and supply storage areas are adequately stocked with necessary cleaning items.
- Washes and disinfects walls and floors, scrubs and mops halls, cleans bowls, basins and other conveniences, windows, rooms and other assigned areas. Dusts furniture.
- May be required to vacuum floors and rugs; spot clean carpets and plunge toilets.
- Collects, removes, sorts as required and disposes of waste paper, litter, red hazard bags and other refuse.
- Collects and transports trash and recyclables facility wide.
- Works from schedules, charts, tables, written, verbal instructions and/or other information to unload soiled laundry chutes, separate and sort resident clothing and washable personal items from unit items.
- Properly loads washing machines with cleaning agents and items to be washed. Removes washed items from washing machines. Dries, folds and delivers items to clean linen rooms for storage and/or distribution or to sorting of personal items area. Supplies, stocks and shelves unit linen closets with laundered items.
- May be required to label resident personal items requiring washing and cleaning and deliver and store resident personal items in resident?s rooms.
- Sees that work areas and equipment are supplied with materials, cleaning agents and other items necessary for the cleaning of soiled personal and general items.
- Periodically cleans washer drains, lint traps; removes and disposes of refuse and litter. Washes, cleans and disinfects barrels and work areas; sweeps and mops floors in Laundry area.
- Report any equipment problems to maintenance.
- Respond to codes and other emergency situations.
- Maintains work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Responsible for knowing work schedules (including holidays), sick call procedures and attending department meetings.
- Maintains established quality and quantity standards. Follows prescribed safety precautions, established organization/department policies, procedures, rules and regulations affecting the work.
- High School or GED preferred; prior experience in Housekeeping preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand and follow instructions in English
- Covid-Vaccination Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration