The Setra Engineering team is gearing up and looking for a new teammate to assist in our PCB design team. This role is paramount to the company?s ability to innovate at breakneck speeds. In this role, the Electrical Engineer will break new ground while supporting an already resourceful team.
The right candidate for this position is someone looking to expand on their academic studies and springboard an emerging engineering career in a company with over 50 years of proven growth. Experience in a lab or industry setting with low power products will give this candidate a solid foundation from which to build.
- Design and develop analog and digital embedded electronic circuits to meet project needs;
- Use industry standard electrical PADs design tools (schematic capture, PCB layout, circuit modeling) to develop PCB designs
- End to end ownership from preliminary proposal to validated and deployed system: specification, architecture, simulation, PCB layout, board bring-up, board validation, and system validation.
- Design multi-layer boards layout and spec components, devices, and interconnection with full system design in mind
- Develop and debug firmware/hardware in embedded system architectures and devices that are connected via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and other protocols for supporting IoT.
- Design communications between IoT devices and other devices, and the internet
- Identify solutions/improvements to on-site technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment
- Perform a variety of assignments in the design of electrical low voltage systems
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including concept, planning, development and validation
- Lead the schematic design, simulation, and layout of TFT-based analog electronics
- Collaborate in design requirement definition for display components for LED, OLED, touch screen
- Clearly communicate design and component constraints and trade-offs to other team members and management, playing an advisory role as a subject matter expert to ensure that optimal design decisions are made
- Prior experience in mixed signal (analog and digital).
- PCB layout experience using PADs or other common layout software, including multi-layer boards, PCBA BOMs, reference designators, AVLs and generating gerber files.
- Experience with low power products (24V).
- Experience with the common display types (TFT, LED, OLED, touch screen).
- Demonstrated experience with Microchip family of PICs and the use of MPLAB.
- Working knowledge of IOT componentry such as integrated radio transceiver chips and IOT MCUs such as from ADI as well as board mounted antennae and other accessories.
- Experience with EMC/EMI design considerations.
- Consumer products background a plus.
- Firmware programming experience a plus.
- 1+ years? experience in related field preferred
- Bachelor?s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, required
TRAVEL: 5% of overnight travel required for the position.
How To Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration