The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Lead Baker is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The individual should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. The Lead Baker may be responsible for oversight or delegation of responsibilities within the culinary operation. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Schedules and assigns daily work assignments to a food service team and oversees the completion of tasks
- Trains and guides staff on job duties, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
- Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knifes
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
Previous experience as a supervisor in a related role preferred
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required
- Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
How To Apply