CCAs may be required to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays as scheduled.
CCAs hold temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Subsequent appointments after a 5 day break in service may be offered but are not guaranteed and should not be expected because the use of CCAs is discretionary and subject to business needs.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state driver?s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
2. Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
3. Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
4. Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
5. Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
6. Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of receipts taken.
7. Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
8. Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
9. Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
10. Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
11. Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
12. Works professionally with other employees in the office.
13. May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
14. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers' delivery window; receive and register where practical, all letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as assigned.
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other designated supervisor.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment ? MC (474).
How To Apply