Cadence Aerospace - Tell Tool
Building 1 | Westfield, MA
Summary: Performs buying assignments in assigned commodities according to purchasing policy and procedure.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Strives to purchase items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, and specification requirements.
2. Searches continuously for improved and/or less costly materials and supplies.
3. Responsible for selecting and maintaining sources of supply, using progressive purchasing techniques and methods.
4. Advise other departments of any changes in price or procedure and of restrictions on materials which prohibit purchase. Also keep interested departments advised with respect to lead time required to obtain critical materials.
5. Expedite deliveries and, where necessary, seek approval for alternate methods or materials if delivery is not available when required.
6. Interview salesmen promptly and courteously to assist in accomplishing all of the foregoing.
7. Correspond tactfully with sources of supply or potential sources to overcome any misunderstandings, complaints, etc., or to secure further pertinent information regarding purchased material.
8. As required, review invoices which the Accounting Department refers for approval, particularly where price or other items do not agree with the purchase order.
9. Maintain current and potential source information in connection with materials.
10. Consult with Materials Manager on matters of proper application of company policy regardless of the amount of money involved. Particularly on orders which commit the company to an expenditure of $1,000 or more which must be approved by upper management.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oral and Written Communication Skills with all levels including operators, supervisors, customers, and outside suppliers.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Operate internal computer systems
- Microsoft Office Products
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Supplier Relations
High School Diploma or Equivalent. 1 or more years of experience as a Supply Chain Manager
Normal Production environments, subject to high noise levels from operating machines; physical hazards from moving equipment and sharp machine parts; breathing fumes, dust and mist; skin exposure to oil and cutting fluid; exposure to sharp metal edges, and forklifts
- Must have ability to read applicable customer/Tell Tool documents with or without corrective lenses.
- May have lift up to thirty (30) pounds or more at a time.
- Must be able to push, pull, reach overhead, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend and/or sit for long periods of time.
How To Apply