TITLE: SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST
TYPE: Unit A Collective Bargaining Agreement
SALARY: Per Unit A Collective Bargaining Agreement
REPORTS TO: SPED Coordinator of Itinerant Staff/Related Services, Director of Special Education, Building Principal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consultation to Special Education Staff (Team Chairs, Special Education and Regular Education
Teachers, other school staff, and other Special Education service providers) concerning all students referred for determination of special education eligibility, and for students currently
receiving special education services, as needed.
2. Completion of Psychological/Psycho-Educational evaluation (record review, observation, teacher
consult/input, formal testing, interpretation, and written reports) for all students as assigned, for
initial eligibility and for re-evaluation purposes.
3. Participation in all evaluated students' Initial and 3-year Re-Evaluation IEP meetings; including
participation in determining eligibility, goals, and services.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree or higher from an accredited college or university,
2. Licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Education.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of assessments that include behavioral, social-emotional,
intellectual, and academic functioning as they impact school functioning.
4. Ability to understand and write general and specific recommendations.
This job requires traveling between school buildings within the City.
ADA & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Physical Requirements: Must be physically able to operate a variety of equipment including computers, copiers, adding machines, etc. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body Must be able to stand, crouch and bend over for a long period of time at intervals throughout the day.
Data Conception: Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural or composite characteristics (whether similar or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
*Applicant must be a Licensed Psychologist
At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
Master degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting.
Dr. Andrea Stolar, Director of Special Education
134 Dulong Circle
Chicopee, Massachusetts 01022
How To Apply