DAILY ON-CALL SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS (DISTRICT-WIDE)
West Springfield Public School
Job ID: 4259146 Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
Re-posted: July 10, 2023 Starting Date: August 31, 2023
West Springfield Public Schools is seeking candidates qualified by education and experience to carry out the duties assigned to the position and in general, to establish and maintain a high level of standards of excellence in the West Springfield Public Schools. During the school day, substitute teachers create an appropriate atmosphere to facilitate students¿ learning and ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the students. In addition, substitute teachers are expected to perform other related duties as assigned by the building administrator(s), in accordance with the school/division policies and practices.
1. Be flexible in order to meet the school administration¿s needs and readily adapt to the needs of the classroom.
2. Arrive early to review all materials and make sure you¿re prepared before the students arrive
in the classroom.
3. Reports to the main office upon arrival at school.
4. Create and enforce structured discipline and classroom control.
5. Establish a safe and positive environment for all students and staff members.
6. Assume responsibility overseeing student behavior in the classroom and surrounding areas in order to assure health, welfare,
and safety of all students.
7. Protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
8. Honor the teacher and school policies, procedures, and schedules.
9. Report all incidents of students, including injuries, accidents, illnesses, and behavioral problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
10. Implement lesson plans and instructions left by the absent teacher.
11. Utilize all academic class time to continue the students¿ learning progress.
12. Engage all students in lessons through interactive, effective teaching methods to maintain progress in curriculum.
13. Organize students and classroom for effective instruction.
15. Return all instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper location at the end of the day.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/district policies and practices.
¿ Produce the required documents (cover letter, a current resume, official transcript(s) from an accredited college or university, and contact information for three professional references.
-$94.00/day - High School Diploma minimum or less than 120 College Credits
-$121.00/day - 120+ College Credits or Bachelor¿s Degree
-$148.00/day - Certified or Retired Teachers
Position Type: Part-time
Positions Available: 5
Salary: $92 to $145 Per Day
Equal Opportunity Employer
West Springfield Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis. of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran¿s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, neurodiversity, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other class protected by state, federal, or local laws. Equal Opportunity applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
This employer has requested that all applicants answer the following questions. It is highly recommended that you type any essays in a word processing program, save them, and then paste them on the proceeding job application page.
1. Please describe your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher for WSPS.
How To Apply
Peter Gillen, Middle School Principal
31 Middle School Drive
West Springfield, Massachusetts 01089