Payroll and Billing Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: Golden Years Staffing is working with a client seeking a Payroll and Billing Coordinator who will be responsible for all aspects of processing a bi-weekly payroll and VA billing, in addition to a weekly private pay billing cycle. This position requires attention to detail, comprehensive analytical and numerical competency, the ability to multi-task, and a desire to work within a diverse team environment. Position responsibilities are to process patient billing, receive and record payments, process employee timesheets, and answer employee questions. Work with various departments and individuals within the organization, specifically, Human Resources and managers concerning employee changes and schedule verification to ensure employees are compensated correctly and timely.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with Human Resources to ensure all employee changes (deductions, new hires, terminations, etc.) are completed.
- Enter changes in the payroll system, verifying information for accuracy prior to payroll submission.
- Ensure employee timecards are approved by managers in a timely manner. Communicate timesheet deadline reminders to the manager(s).
- Process miscellaneous documents (e.g., W-2 and tax forms)
- Distribute payroll checks.
- Process miscellaneous compensations or deductions (e.g., annual bonuses, severance pay, taxes, mileage, worker?s compensation)
- Generate payroll reports for federal, state, and local taxes. Ensure the accuracy of these reports.
-Generate payroll reports and reconcile employee benefits and deductions.
- Ensure the payroll complies with local, state, federal, and company policies.
- Answer employee payroll questions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for all usage-related billing.
- Performs reimbursement billing activities for professional services and sharing agreements.
- Validates claims for billing purposes ensuring eligibility. Monitors reports to ensure all possible billable hours are processed. Track, review, and rectify claim denials.
- Performs verification of patients' VA or private insurance coverage for provided services.
- Maintain an up-to-date, detailed patient database.
- Interprets third-party insurance policies and requirements for billing.
- Prepare bi-weekly VA billing.
- Prepare weekly billing for private pay patients.
- Receive and record payments. Distribute to the proper individual for deposit. ? Serve as the main point of contact for billing-related inquiries. - Research discrepancies and communicate all resolutions. ? Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of payroll experience in a fast-paced office environment
- 2-3 years of direct and third-party billing experience
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Word, with the ability to learn new computer software.
- Fluent in Spanish Speaking Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Strong knowledge of payroll functions; including but not limited to preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes/legal regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize and manage large amounts of complex information.
- Must be able to successfully multi-task, demonstrate attention to detail, and be well-organized.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with the Paychex Flex payroll system is a plus.
- Working knowledge of billing concepts, and database maintenance.
- Strong customer service skills
- Be able to bend, kneel, reach, and lift to 30 lbs. Job Type: Full-time Compensation: Based on experience Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off
Physical setting: Office, In-Person Schedule: Monday | Friday, 8:00 am | 5:00 pm
How To Apply
Please apply by email to - email@example.com