Registered Nurse - (RN / LPN - Per Diem) (CEC)
Job ID: 4148851
The Positive Regard Network invites applicants for the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse - per diem position for our Holyoke programs/ Connecticut Education Center. The position is per diem and a flexible schedule is available during school hours (Monday-Friday; 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.). Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides and/or oversees medication administration.
2. Provides and/or oversees first aid/medical treatment for students; coordinates with case manager and parent/guardian any need for follow up treatment.
3. Provides emergency first aid for work-related staff injury and recommends appropriate medical follow up.
4. Provides mandated periodic student health screening assessments.
5. Views students after physical restraint and records/maintains appropriate documentation.
6. Maintains student health records and ensures that records are complete and up to date.
7. Writes Individual Health Plans as indicated and provides relevant information to staff to assist in students' care.
8. Submits written nursing reports for individual students, as requested.
9. Maintains contact with health care providers and school staff as indicated.
10. Participates in supervision and maintains a commitment to professional development.
11. Remains current and/or becomes knowledgeable in all federal and state regulations, including Department of Public Health and DESE, and assures that school?s health care policies and procedures are consistent with regulations.
12. Maintains professional licensure and participates in conferences, workshops or other courses for professional development.
13. Facilitates the dissemination of student information through participation in morning and afternoon meetings, as needed.
RN applicants must be licensed as a Registered Nurse by the MA /CT Board of Registration in Nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred; experience working with children with moderate to severe special needs is preferred. LPN applicants must be a graduate of an accredited LPN program and be licensed as an LPN by the MA/CT Board of Registration in Nursing; experience working with children with moderate to severe special needs is preferred.
Connecticut Education Center serves students in Pre-K through 8th grade on a beautiful 16 acre campus located in Historic Enfield, Connecticut. Students present with all facets of intellectual/developmental disabilities, mental health diagnoses and/or social and emotional limitations which also may be accompanied by behavioral challenges.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred
Associate degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Tina Vanotti, HR Manager
1913 Northampton Street
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040
How To Apply
Apply online at - https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid= 4148851