The MassHire of Hampden County Workforce Board, Inc. (MHHCWB) is seeking a President and Chief Executive Officer to lead this dynamic, top performing, regional workforce development team.
The MHHCWB, as established by Federal and State legislation, is a business-led, non-profit corporation that engages its members from business, education, labor, and community-
based agencies to set public policies that will build a better workforce. This agency plans, coordinates, and oversees the growth and effective use of public and private investments in workforce development initiatives for quality jobs. The current mix of workforce
development funding draws from primarily Federal and State funding that has an annual budget of between $12M-$15M, which this position will oversee.
The President and CEO reports to a Board of Directors that provides leadership in creating strategic alliances with business, government education and community organizations to provide access to education, training and employment opportunities for all workers and
their families. The President and CEO is responsible for the promoting of economic development and community growth and carrying out the mission and strategic plan that is rooted in the principles of equity and increased access to workforce development services for employers and job seekers.
The President and CEO is accountable for all programs and services and will be the chief liaison that partners with public and private funders, nonprofit organizations, and civic, business, and community leaders. This position oversees a team 20+ staff members and will have direct responsibility for the achievement of goals established by the board. This leader represents and directs the MHHCWB in its quest to build a dynamic, efficient, and integrated workforce development system that promotes economic development and community growth.
The ideal candidates should have a professional record that includes entrepreneurial
experience, demonstrates the ability to execute programs effectively, and the ability to
build strong collaborative relations with other organizations and individuals. Knowledge of and experience with both local and state political landscape is desirable.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1.Master?s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Eight years of related management experience in the field of workforce development or related field consistent with the mission of the MHHCWB.
3. Working knowledge of Federal and State laws such as, but not limited to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Wagner-Peyser Act, and National Emergency Grant.
4. Strong hands-on leadership skills and strategic thinker with the ability to influence and persuade others, especially across organizational boundaries.
5. Excellent planning skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of programs/projects of significant scope and complexity in a fast-paced environment that includes numerous external partners and stakeholders.
6. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish the facts, draw valid conclusions, and develop solutions in situations with a variety of variables and where only limited standardization exists.
7. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from training and service providers, the business community, funding sources, and the public in either individual or group settings.
8. Ability to influence, facilitate, negotiate, and manage stakeholders with a variety of interests to achieve a cohesive and quality result that meets business goals.
9. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated creativity with respect to idea generation and solution implementation.
10. Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, and written skills.
11. Collaborator with strong listening, facilitation, and persuasion s
How To Apply
Interested applicants please submit Resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
MassHire Hampden County Workforce Board, Inc.
ATTN: CEO Search Committee, 1441 Main Street, Suite 111
Springfield, MA 01103
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org