Instructor for Massachusetts Impaired Driving Program (MID), Springfield
Location: 153 Magazine Street, Springield, MA
Employee Type: FT
Job Category: Massachusetts Impaired Driver (MID) Instructor
MHA is hiring immediately for a Massachusetts Impaired Driver (MID) Instructor will provide documented group and/or individual clinical services to patients required to complete a Court or RMV mandated driver alcohol educational program. The MID instructor will complete a mid-point evaluation and exit interview on each participant, will complete the initial adult comprehensive assessment to admit participants into this program, and will participate in on-going curriculum development. The MID instructor will provide documentation, written reports, and consult with referring probation officers, courts, and/or the Department of Motor Vehicles.
BestLife's MID Program is a 16-week educational program for individuals with a first conviction of Driving Under the Influence (DUI). Patients are court-referred and participation is mandatory. Patients must attend sixteen 2-hour group sessions, a mid-point interview, and an exit interview.
Massachusetts Impaired Driver (MID) Instructor Position's Essential Functions
1. Have a basic knowledge of substance use and the negative impact that use can have on one¿s social, physical, emotional, occupational, legal, and familial functioning.
2. Helps develop individual's confidence in order to articulate their goals for recovery and to decrease their risk of recidivism
3. Works with individuals to develop and implement personal goals and objectives around treatment and recovery from addiction and/or co-occurring disorders..
4. Participates as part of the overall care team when appropriate.
5. Interacts with individuals in order to assess needs, provide information, discuss problems, identify patterns and stressors and encourage growth and development.
6. Shares information about community resources, including self-help groups
7. Informs, trains, supports and empowers individuals utilizing substance use services.
8. Remains up to date on current resources and knowledge of the recovery movement by attend trainings , participating in webinars, and reading relevant articles and/or books
9. Notifies supervisor immediately in the event of an individual¿s crisis, suspected illegal activity, or any behavior constituting an incident.
10. Completes administrative tasks required including required documentation and timesheets and responds to requests for information and phone calls in a timely fashion.
Massachusetts Impaired Driver (MID) Instructor Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, prioritize tasks, take initiative, follow through, and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Good oral, written, computer, and organizational skills.
· Have a familiarization and comfortability conducting telehealth visits on Zoom format
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing needs of the program participants.
· Strong interpersonal skills, patience, caring, and compassion.
· Cheerful, outward-going personality
· Demonstrates ability to engage and build respectful and collaborative relationships
· Performs well under stress and in the event of a crisis
· Familiarity with local community resources
Massachusetts Impaired Driver (MID) Instructor Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology or a related field
· Experience and proficiency in understanding about treatment and recovery from substance use disorders.
This position can be considered for full remote
How To Apply
Apply at: https://www.mhainc.org/